Skilled Independent Visa | What is Australia’s Skilled Independent Visa?

Mechanic at work

The Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) may be a point-based visa designed to pick a particular set of overseas skilled people required in several states of Australia.

It allows skilled workers to maneuver in Australia without the necessity of getting sponsorship of a loved one or nomination by the state or territory government.

Benefits of getting an Independent Visa
  1. Live, study, or reside in Australia for an indefinite period
  2. Enroll in Medicare
  3. Get eligible for Australian citizenship
  4. Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
  5. Leave and re-enter Australia for five years from the date the Visa is granted
Things to try to do before applying for the Visa
You are required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and score a minimum of 65 points to urge a call for participation from the immigration department to apply for the Visa.
The points in EOI are awarded on various factors, including:

1) Age

2) Education Qualification (Diploma / Degree / PHD)

3)  Level of English

4)  Work Experience

5)  Single / Partner Skills

6) NAATI Accreditation

7)  Professional Year

**Note: If you’ve completed a degree, diploma, or trade qualification at an Australian institution, you’ll even be eligible for extra five points towards your EOI. However, specific criteria have to be met to say those 5 points.

General Eligibility Criteria.

To be eligible for this visa, you must:
  1.  45 Years age
  2.  Nominate an occupation from Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) & Also  a minimum of  Competent English
  3.  Be Proficient in  a minimum of  competent English
  4.  Have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority
  5.  Achieve the score  laid out in  your visa application
  6. Meet the health and character requirements
Health & Character Requirements:

You are required to:

  •  Apply for the visa within 12 months of undergoing medical examinations.
  • Police certificates from each country you lived  certain  12 months  within the  last ten years (after you turned 16 years of age)
Debts to the Australian Government:
You should be free from any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.

Eligible relations:

You should be able to demonstrate that you have a proficient command of the English language.

When lodging a visa application, you’ll include following relations in your visa application:
  • Your Partner or spouse
  • Your or your partner’s child/step child

Related Posts