The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is for recent international graduates from an Australian educational institution who wish to continue to live, study and work in Australia after finishing their studies.
In general, you can qualify for this visa if you:
• Are younger than 50 years of age
• Hold an eligible visa
• Have health insurance in Australia
• Meet the English language requirement
• Meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
• Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian government
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) has two streams – the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Work stream.
The Graduate Work stream visa is valid for 18 months from the date it is granted. To attain this visa, you must:
• Nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
• Apply for, and have your skills assessed for your nominated occupation by a relevant assessing authority.
On the other hand, the Post-Study Work stream lasts two to four years, depending on the highest qualification you used in your visa application. It requires you to hold an eligible qualification – Bachelor, Masters, or Doctoral Degree from an Australian educational institution.
With this visa, you and your family can:
• Stay in Australia temporarily after finishing your studies
• Travel in Australia
• Find employment in Australia
• Pursue further educational qualifications in Australia